Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grades, schmades...



Okay, so I didn't get any "F's" this quarter, but once again I am disappointed in my grades (and the "worst" one was a B-plus!!! The rest of this post makes me sound like I'm not even showing up...) I think it's just the culmination of frustrating factors throughout the quarter that's gotten me down so much:

1) Taking a 3-unit class with a workload of at least 4-units (a Research Methods class, to be precise)

2) Not being able to get on the Dean's List for the FOURTH quarter in a row because I had a one-unit C/NC class (to round out the aforementioned 3-unit winner). This continues to be a frustration for me because I am either taking a 1-unit class to fulfill finanacial aid obligations because the class I need/that is available (often these two do not coincide easily) is a 3-unit class like I just mentioned.

3) Busting my heiny all quarter long -- in general.

4) Taking 4 classes (one of which does not apply toward my degree) and getting the worst grade in that particular class -- THIS IS THE WORST BUMMER OF ALL.

My goal had been (and I will continue to strive for this anyways) to raise my GPA throughout the time I spend at Cal Poly. I have succeeded thus far. Until that last class. And, I put forth all my best effort I possibly to squeeze out this quarter. So, I need to be happy for myself and all the hard work I put in. But, for now I shall settle for emailing the professor and finding out what kind of grading technique he used and why he and I agreed I performed at a higher quality level this time around in his advanced version of the course but failed to get a higher grade.

That being said, I AM SO GLAD IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

WELL, AT LEAST FOR NOW... I START A RESEARCH INTERNSHIP IN 4 DAYS. PRAY FOR ME, Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, words of encouragement (or confusion), and other comments below:

Search This Blog