Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fatigue and Endometriosis


(click on the title above to access the article I'm referencing in this blog post)


I have always found it difficult to deal with juggling parenting, full-time university student, volunteer committee Vice Chair, and other various responsibilities. However, I have faithfully practiced the art of denial in most cases where I felt like I was lacking when I failed to have enough energy to complete the tasks of the day.

Through researching vague leg pain (quite sharp and distinct in feeling, vague in cause) I found a link to reality and non-reality: a close family member has endometriosis and chronic fatigue. I have experienced the intense "urge to nap" more often than not in my life and wanted to call it "chronic fatigue syndrome" but it didn't seem to match the symptoms I was finding online. Enter the vague leg pain: it has gotten worse over the preceding months but around the same time every month (I'll leave it at that) I get a sharp shooting pain in one or both legs starting at the lower back or hip area.

Since I was in pain this evening, I thought I'd research it online and at http://www.endo-resolved.com/fatigue-article.html you'll find an article on self-care--a concept quite foreign to me until lately. It also has links on endometriosis. Check it out.

And, oh yeah, I'm no longer dwelling in the Desert of Denial. My fatigue is real. I choose to take care of myself today and thank God for the internet! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, words of encouragement (or confusion), and other comments below:

Search This Blog