Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's a Scholarship Search Saturday!


Since I didn't get time enough away from my housesitting, parenting and significant-othering duties to actually post yesterday, I'm making up for it today.

I decided to take my housesitting duties and turn it into a "staycation" of sorts (about.com has great ideas on how to do this yourself). I'm simply pretending that I'm far enoug away from home to warrant down-time and the weekend helps me do this as well. When the house phone rings, I don't become attached to answering it because it's not even my phone! Nifty.

Anyways, the point of this post is to give you another scholarship lead. This one is for those dedicated to volunteerism in their communities. Who has time for this? You'd be surprised at how your selfless efforts boost the morale of more people than the act was originally aimed at.

Try: http://www.altrusa.com and check for scholarships at the national level, or use their chapter "search" tool to find a local chapter in your area.

Now to go dip my feet in the pool! Have a Happy 4th of July!
-- Sent from my Palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, words of encouragement (or confusion), and other comments below:

Search This Blog