Sunday, December 12, 2010

One quarter down, 11 to go...and a Master's Thesis.

So, I made it through my first quarter of grad school! I'm so excited, I almost forgot how to spell...
I'd really like to make some improvements to my blog, and I've noticed of late some blogs out there that are pretty appealing, and made with Blogger to boot! If anyone out there has suggestions for how to alter mine, that'd be great...so, now I'm gonna get back to the topic of school.


I don't like giving a medication all the credit, but I gotta say this: School is hard. Getting out of bed shouldn't be.

After trying Abilify for an entire quarter, I'd have to say: One-and-a-half thumbs up. I'd give it a full two thumbs up if it wasn't so difficult for me to propel myself to do most things. Conversely, I'd say it works well for depression on the whole, and my outlook on life has improved as well.

Writing is still difficult for me. But after writing almost 50 pages this past quarter, and managing to pull an A-average throughout, I'd say I'm doing okay. Now, it'd be even better if I didn't need 12 hours sleep per night. Onto bigger and better topics. VACATION, anyone?! ME-me-me-me-meeee!

So this is what my school break looks like so far: I've decided to somewhat plan my break so it doesn't slip through my fingers like sand through my hands. I've even scheduled in "appointments" with my very good friend, N., and another woman-friend I admire greatly. I also have scheduled a morning to volunteer at the local facility for recovering teens--this will be the third time I've been blessed enough to be asked to come help with group sessions. I'm excited for that as well. Then, as of the following week, my child and I will be on break together, and we'll have to play it by ear from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, words of encouragement (or confusion), and other comments below:

Search This Blog