Thursday, November 17, 2011

Helloooo...THESIS!

Alright. It's. About. Time. Time that I came up with a topic on which to do my Master's Thesis, that is. I find it extraordinarily interesting that I've stumbled into a Master's Program that has NO Thesis requirement to speak of, yet this overachiever had to take that option when it was given. I have two classmates who are doing one as well (So, ha! I'm not the only crazy one. Yes, "crazy" is a technical term.)

Onto the Thesis topic (it is spelled with a capital T because it's THAT dang important): The connection between perfectionism and substance use among college freshman. Particularly, I'd like to explore the differences between community college freshman and state university freshman. Call it a convenience sample if you must, but I think it's a topic that lends itself to studying college students, not non-college folk. Additionally, I'd like to point out that a community college has less stringent requirements for entry than a university does, so there may be a difference in perfectionism levels between the two types of students.

DISCLAIMER: This is a work in progress. Not only must I run this past one of my professors, but I also must get a Thesis committee together to undertake this task. It will take me some time to complete. Therefore, it -- the process and the Thesis itself -- will undergo numerous revisions and changes. I look forward to this. That's why I'm still in school.


So, here's the deal: I want your input! I'm getting weary of seeing that people truly are interested in my blog, but fail to comment on most of my entries. I'm wondering why this is? So, if you just want to comment on how I can get more comments on my blog, that's great! However, I'm really looking for input on the intricacies and such of my topic itself. So, comment away. Or, not. It's your choice. Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, words of encouragement (or confusion), and other comments below:

Search This Blog