Friday, July 13, 2012

Simon and Schuster rocks.

I was merrily minding my own business... when I came upon an email from a woman who works at Simon and Schuster.  She was telling me about a new book, by Daniel Smith, called "Monkey Mind." It tells of anxiety from an "insider's" perspective - and then she said...

"I’d be happy to send you a copy for review, and I can offer you copies for a giveaway for your readers. Dan is also available for Q&As.
I look forward to hearing from you!"

We emailed back and forth a bit, and I told her that I couldn't commit to reviewing a book by a deadline, so she said she'd send me a copy for my review and I could write about it in my blog when I had time. Knowing what I have on my plate right now (Thesis, work, home, etc., etc..........) I figured I would preemptively write about receiving the book and what it's about - just in case it's a *while* before I get to read it.

So, the book came yesterday. It's called "Monkey Mind" by Daniel Smith. Of course, I haven't read it yet, but thought it would be relevant to post this since I was honored enough to be contacted by Simon and Schuster and agree to write in my blog about it when I've read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, words of encouragement (or confusion), and other comments below:

Search This Blog